The Evil Man’s Lazy Lady Chapter 46 (Part 4)

Chapter 46: Betrothed (4) Original translation is from tenderflower's blog.

Shu Wan was leaning against the wall to embroider her purse when she heard someone say through the curtain of the back room, “Ah Wan, are you awake? I have something to tell you.”

With the familiar clear voice, Shu Wan was so startled that she almost stabbed her hand and finally gave a calm “Mm”. This guy, just now, her mother said he was drunk and unconscious, but he sneaked over in the blink of an eye. She didn’t know what good intentions he had!

The person he was thinking about was inside. Cheng Qingran suddenly felt very nervous. He couldn’t say a word of what he had prepared for a long time. He stood there for a long time before he said, “Ah Wan, I’m very happy to be able to marry you...”

Hearing the slight tremor in his voice, Shu Wan became nervous inexplicably, pursed her lips, and said nothing.

After a brief silence, just when Shu Wan thought Cheng Qingran had left, his deep and pleasant voice came again: “Ah Wan, you probably don’t know. I was stared at by all kinds of women since I was young. They looked at me as if I were a valuable object and wanted to grab me. Over time, I became tired of women no matter what kind of girl they were. Later, I saw Ah Lan on the roadside. She was stupid and didn’t take any precautions against others. I was fond of her at once and wanted to have such a little sister or daughter. After she said her mother beat her, I took her home without thinking. First, I wanted to make her parents anxious and regretful, and second, I wanted to stay with her for a little longer. I’m afraid you won’t believe it. Ah Lan is the first girl I want to be close to.”

“That night, you accompanied your parents to pick up Ah Lan, and because you are Ah Lan’s older sister, I looked at you more, then you didn’t stare at me in surprise like other women, so I became attached to you. When I met you again on the road, I suddenly found that I had been thinking of you in those days, and being able to look at you so closely, I was extremely satisfied with my whole heart, but I didn’t expect to be out of control for a moment and be rude to you.”

“Since then, I have often wandered on that road, hoping to meet you again one day, but I didn’t see your shadow for half a month. At that time, I was getting more irritable every day. If I hadn’t met your father in time, I’m afraid I would have run to your house without permission, that is, on that day, I think I should marry you, and after marrying you, I will be able to see you every day.”

Cheng Qingran’s words became smoother. At first, he was a little nervous, but when he thought Shu Wan was sitting inside and listening, he gradually calmed down. His mouth was full of joy and anticipation, not panic.

“Ah Wan, after saying so much, I just want to tell you I really want to marry you, and I will be nice to you. D-do you have anything to say to me?” He finally became nervous again.

Shu Wan really didn’t expect the seemingly extraordinary Cheng Qingran would tell her so much. Especially when she heard him say that he was wandering on that road just to meet her. Her heartbeat missed a beat uncontrollably.

If what he said was true, then he could be forgiven for looking at her in a daze.

But what about her younger sister?

Gritting her teeth, she still asked him: “Ah Lan was injured that day, why don’t you ask your maid to help her with medicine, why did you need to do it yourself? After all, she is a 10-year-old girl. She is ignorant, but you don’t understand?” Speaking of back then, her voice couldn’t help but rise slightly, and her anger was obvious.

Cheng Qingran heard this, and couldn’t help but smile bitterly. It turned out she had always been thinking about this matter!

Then his face sank again. She shouldn’t misunderstand that he had bad thoughts about the little girl, right? He quickly explained to her: “Although Ah Lan is 10 years old, I really only see her as a little sister. That day, my maid’s actions were a bit serious, and she hurt her, so I helped her apply the medicine myself. Ah Wan, don’t get me wrong. Ah Lan is so simple, how could I have any nasty thoughts? I, Cheng Qingran, am definitely not that kind of person!”

“How do I know what you are?” Shu Wan couldn’t help but ask back. Her suspicions of him loosened a bit, but she couldn’t quite believe it.

Cheng Qingran’s anxious forehead was sweating and whispered to her for forgiveness: “Ah Wan, you can misunderstand me for anything, but this one is not good. I really treat Ah Lan as a little sister. If you don’t believe me, I, I won’t look at her or talk to her again, okay? I...”

“Pah, my younger sister is not ugly. What is it that you dislike about her?! She calls you big brother!” The more Shu Wan listened to him the more she couldn’t help but scold him, throwing her purse aside.

Her sweet and crisp voice floated into Cheng Qingran’s ears in a whirl. He seemed to see Shu Wan’s appearance at this time. She must have round almond eyes and frowning eyebrows. Perhaps, her delicate face would still float with a faint blush, right?

“Ah Wan, I’m not her big brother, I’m her prospective brother-in-law!” He blurted out.

As soon as he finished speaking, the two people behind the curtain were stunned.

After being stunned, Shu Wan’s face turned red. She wanted to scold him but couldn’t say it. She grabbed her purse and threw it at the curtain: “Whose brother-in-law are you, hurry up and go away!”

Cheng Qingran’s ears were also faintly flushed. When he was restless, the door curtain was suddenly bumped by something, and then a delicate red purse fell off. He bent down and picked it up as if it was a treasure. Knowing that he was a little frivolous today, he put his face down and said cheekily, “Ah Wan, I took what you gave me. This jade is the heirloom of our Cheng family and it should have been handed over to you by my elders, but unfortunately, I am alone now, so I have to hand it over to you in person, so keep it for me!”



Original translation is from willkissonyou, tenderflower. If you're not reading from tenderflower then it'd been stolen and posted without the consent of tenderflower.


<-Back 🦥 Index 🦥 Next->


Comments