[Quick Transmigration] Where is the Morality Chapter 26 (Part 2)

Qiangtou Spring Chapter 26 (Part 2) Original translation is from tenderflower's blog.

“Cough cough...” Xia Ruyan coughed awkwardly. The man just woke up like a dream. His ears were a little hot. He picked up a piece of vegetables and put it in the pot.

Xia Ruyan ate a few more bites. She finally couldn’t stand it and said helplessly: “Why are you always looking at me?” She thought the man treated her like the food she was eating at the moment when he looked at her and her original good appetite was gone.

Hearing that Xie Rong was a little nervous. He put down the bowl in his hand and said, “I...” I just miss you so much...

He couldn’t say the following words. The man was pursing his lips and didn’t know what to say. But he saw Xia Ruyan clipped a few pieces of meat into his bowl: “Hurry up and eat. I’ll call them to clean up after eating.”

Xie Rong’s eyes suddenly brightened. He took a careful bite of the meat Xia Ruyan had clipped, and took the initiative to clip some food into her bowl. Seeing Xia Ruyan didn’t refuse, his heart beat slightly faster, and ate the rice in the bowl clean with a little excitement.

Calling the maid to clean up the pot and the dishes, the two of them rinsed their mouths and washed their hands, and then sat down at the table again. Before Xia Ruyan spoke, Xie Rong was so nervous that his palms were already sweaty.

He squeezed his palms and brewed what he wanted to say to Xia Ruyan in his heart, but she suddenly spoke first,

“Is there something that makes the young duke come here to see me?”

Hearing the words young duke, Xie Rong felt a slight cold in his heart. He calmed down before he said: “Yan'er, I...”

“Please call me Miss Xia, the relationship between you and me is not so close.”

If it was just a slight cold in his heart just now, then at this moment, it was a basin of cold water pouring on his head. Xie Rong stiffened for a long time before he said with difficulty: “Yes... Miss Xia...”

Xia Ruyan was satisfied and nodded to signal him to continue.

“Miss Xia, I... I’m here to apologize for what happened before...” Xie Rong’s voice was a little hoarse, “I was injured, had a high fever, and was unconscious for several days, but when I woke up, I found that you have already left the residence. I wanted to find you immediately, but my father forbade me in the residence. He directly asked the emperor for a month’s leave for me. Even if I recovered from my injury in half a month, he wouldn’t let me go out. After a month of great difficulty, the emperor gave me another thing to do, I finished it as quickly as possible and came to you immediately...”

Xia Ruyan felt a bit of a headache after hearing him explain so much. She raised her hand to stop Xie Rong, rubbed her temple, and said: “You don’t have to explain so much. It doesn’t matter to me what you did anyway. Are you just here to apologize today? Now I’ve heard it, does the young duke have anything else?”

Xie Rong hurriedly said: “I know I’ve wronged you, but Yan'er, can you give me another chance...”

“Young duke, please speak cautiously.” Xia Ruyan stood up, gave him a faint look, and said, “In any case, I used to be your stepmother. Please, treat me with respect.”

Xie Rong was splashed with a basin of cold water again and it took a long time before he stammered: “I’m sorry... I know I’m not qualified to beg for your forgiveness...”

“Young duke joked. There is nothing to forgive or not to forgive. I have completely let go of the past. Please, young duke should also let go of the past and live his life well. Now I am very happy here. Please, don’t disturb me again in the future.”

Xia Ruyan’s face was serene. In fact, she no longer hated Xie Rong when he was punished by the family law and then fell into a coma with a high fever. She was very satisfied with her life in An City. She just wanted to stay here until the end of the mission. There was no need to consider any love, survival was the most important thing.

The brazier in the room was blazing, but Xie Rong’s whole body was like falling into an ice cave. When he was injured, he begged Xia Ruyan not to leave, but she still left. He didn’t blame her. He only hated that he had done so many things that hurt her, which was his deserved retribution. When he was able to get on the ground, he immediately looked for her regardless of his health. Xie Fangcheng scolded him severely and let people watch him. The dark guard around him didn’t dare to fight Xie Fangcheng’s people, so he had to stay honest in the house until his wounds recovered.

For him, that period of time was probably the most difficult in his life. His fear, despair, regret, and self-blame almost defeated him. He was eager to see Xia Ruyan. He wanted to embrace her hard in his arms and begged her not to leave him again. He was also afraid that Xia Ruyan would hate him and blame him. But when he stood in front of Xia Ruyan at this moment, the indifference in her eyes pierced his heart deeply. It turned out that what hurt more than resentment was not cared.



Original translation is from willkissonyou, tenderflower. If you're not reading from tenderflower then it'd been stolen and posted without the consent of tenderflower.


<-Back || Index || Next->


Comments

  1. Honestly love how sensible the FL is. She don't care about love or revenge she justs wants to survive and live good and quietly. I love her indifference because truly indifference is the opposite of love not hate. I'm very curious how this will go even if by some mercy he can win her back how would they be together she's still married to his dad???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start the road of wife chasing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment