[Quick Transmigration] Where is the Morality Chapter 23 (Part 1)

Qiangtou Spring Chapter 23 (Part 1) Original translation is from tenderflower's blog.

The night was as cold as ice, the moon was bright and the stars were sparse. A dark shadow sat on the roof of the west courtyard of the duke’s residence and looked deeply in the direction of the main courtyard. There seemed to be a dark flash in his eyes. Several wine bottles had been scattered around him, but he still drank wine one after another without stopping at all.

At this time, there was the sound of footsteps from far to near, but the man turned a deaf ear to it and did not move a bit until the footsteps stopped under him.

“Rong'er, Father wants to talk to you.” Xie Fangcheng looked up at his son on the roof with his hands behind his back.

Xie Rong was silent, then jumped down from above blankly, and followed Xie Fangcheng all the way to his study.

“Why are you drinking alone?” Xie Fangcheng sat down on a chair.

Xie Rong lowered his eyes: “It’s nothing. I suddenly want to drink. If my father has something to say, let’s be frank.”

Xie Fangcheng stared at him for a moment, then sighed, and was silent for a while before speaking again.

“You... don’t always be rude to your mother.” Xie Fangcheng’s eyes were implicitly blamed, “You are two years older than her, why bother with a little girl.”

“Little girl?” Xie Rong sneered, “Father, are you reluctant?”

Xie Fangcheng’s face was a bit ugly: “She is now my wife, the mistress of the duke’s residence. In any case, you should have a minimum of respect for her. I didn’t marry her to make you disrespectful to her.”

“She is now my wife,” “I married her into the door”, these words were buzzing in Xie Rong’s mind. He gritted his teeth and said: “She has only been married into the door a few days? How can it be considered as a mistress?”

Xie Fangcheng said angrily: “Impudence! That’s how you treat your mother? When she married me, she was naturally the duchess, the well-deserved mistress of the duke’s residence!”

Since just now, Xie Rong had felt his brain hurt. Anger and unwillingness hovered in his chest, not to mention he was half drunk before. At this time, he heard Xie Fangcheng’s words, wine and blood rushed to the top of his head, and he blurted out: “I don’t acknowledge her to be the duke’s wife. Did father know that before she married...”

He originally wanted to say that she was already his, but he realized his impulse before he finished speaking, so he quickly stopped his mouth. His face turned blue and white.

But Xie Fangcheng’s reaction was greatly beyond Xie Rong’s expectations. He looked at him in shock: “You, how did you know?”

Xie Rong pressed his temple and tried to resist the invasion of drunkenness. He wanted to be sober. He didn’t hear Xie Fangcheng’s question at all.

Xie Fangcheng didn’t care if he had a reply, but he couldn’t help linking Xie Rong’s previous attitude towards Xia Ruyan with what he said just now, and the expression on his face changed indefinitely: “...So it was like that... no wonder you...”

“Sit down.” After a while, Xie Fangcheng’s face finally eased a little, and he sighed, “She can’t be blamed for this...”

Xie Fangcheng explained the conversations between Xia Ruyan and him that day to Xie Rong and explained the reason for his decision to marry her. Xie Rong was originally groggy, but after hearing another truth from his father’s mouth, there was excitement all over his body, and his drunkenness was thrown out of the clouds.

“...That’s all. She is really similar to my cousin. When I think of my cousin’s passing away at a young age, I feel heartbroken. Sometimes I even wonder, is she the reincarnation of my cousin? How can there be two people who look alike like this in the world?”

Xie Fangcheng said to himself. He didn’t notice Xie Rong’s pale face at all.

“So don’t get her wrong. It’s not like she wants to lose her innocence. On the contrary, she can take the initiative to tell me before marriage, which shows that she has a good character. This is also one of the reasons why I married her. In fact, I haven’t touched her since she passed the door. She has always had a heart knot because of that incident...”

Xie Fangcheng sighed and said again: “Ruyan also has a bitter fate. You probably don’t know that I took the initiative to ask for this marriage. Xia Zhiyuan made a mistake on official affairs and begged me when he was in trouble, so I took the opportunity to propose to marry his daughter. If he loves his daughter, how can he easily agree? Xia Zhiyuan agreed without hesitation. For his own official career, he did not hesitate to marry his daughter to a widower of my age. One can imagine what kind of attitude he usually had towards Ruyan.”

“When she returned home, her father only sought to please me and didn’t care about how his daughter was doing. I asked her afterward and she admitted it, but she was good-natured and didn’t blame anyone. She only said she will live well with me in the future. Although I originally married her through dishonorable means, and because I wanted to use her as a substitute for my cousin, I felt a little guilty towards her. She had a bad life in her maiden family and after she got married, you targeted her like this, can you tell me how she would feel in her heart?”

After speaking, Xie Fangcheng sighed again, looked up at Xie Rong, and said: “So in the future, you...”

Just halfway through explaining, he was startled by Xie Rong’s appearance and hurriedly said: “Rong'er? What’s wrong?”



Original translation is from willkissonyou, tenderflower. If you're not reading from tenderflower then it'd been stolen and posted without the consent of tenderflower.


<-Back || Index || Next->


Comments

  1. YESSSSS!!! Take that in your pipe and smoke it! I hope you feel bad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts