The Evil Man’s Lazy Lady Chapter 57 (Part 1)

Chapter 57: Lie (1) Original translation is from tenderflower's blog.

The old madam wanted to keep her daughter for lunch before leaving.

Qin-shi refused with a smile: “The two children are at home, so I have to go back to cook!”

The old madam nodded, pondered for a moment, and asked her: “That child Xiao Lang is getting older by the day, you also help look after him, didn’t he entrust you all the family’s property for safekeeping? Help him rebuild the house early to save others from thinking that his family had no money and look down on him.” In the village, 100 taels of silver were enough to rebuild three lavish bungalows.

“Mm, I mentioned this to Maoting a few days ago.” Qin-shi sighed. In the blink of an eye, the two children were at the age to talk about marriage... “Mother, then I’m leaving. Although I like this matter quite well, I still have to seek Maoting’s intention. I will ask him when I go back and will give you an answer tomorrow.” Eight to nine times out of ten, her husband would agree. The Zhu family could arrange for a matchmaker to come to the door in the next few days.

After going out, seeing it was still early, Qin-shi went to her eldest daughter’s house to sit down. She talked to Shu Wan and teased her grandson, but she didn’t mention the Zhu family.

It was precisely because of her sitting there that Xiao Lang and Shu Lan returned home before her.

Just as Xiao Lang put the sleeping Shu Lan on the heated-brick bed and covered the quilt, the sound of Qin-shi’s footsteps could be heard outside.

He touched Shu Lan’s red face and strode out.

“Ah Lang, how many fish did you catch today?” Qin-shi walked to the north gate with a basket, sat on a low stool to pick beans, and asked him casually.

Looking at Qin-shi’s dexterous hands, Xiao Lang’s heart was filled with guilt, and the words that he thought of were suddenly unable to speak.

He walked over to Qin-shi. While helping her pick beans, he whispered: “Aunt, I want to build a house and I want to marry a wife.”

Qin-shi was stunned for a moment, then laughed and said to him: “Ah Lang wants to marry a wife, this is a good thing. When your uncle comes back, I will ask him to help you prepare. By the way, which girl do you like? Tell your aunt, your aunt will be the master for you!”

“Aunt, I can hunt, and I’ve saved a few hundred taels of silver in the past two years.” Xiao Lang lowered his head, his voice was calm and restrained.

Qin-shi looked at him in surprise, not only shocked that Xiao Lang went hunting behind their back but also shocked that he had saved so much money, and was a little puzzled as to why he said this. She stammered: “This, this is a good thing...”

“Aunt, I want to marry Ah Lan. You marry her to me. I will be good to her.” Xiao Lang knelt down directly to Qin-shi and sincerely pleaded.

The beans in Qin-shi’s hand fell off. She looked at the sturdy boy kneeling in front of her and wondered if she had heard it wrong. She had always regarded Xiao Lang as her son. She never thought that one day Xiao Lang would say such a thing.

Ah Lang and Ah Lan also seemed to be a good match. Although his words were too unexpected, this thought quickly came to Qin-shi’s mind.

She stretched out her hands to help Xiao Lang up: “Get up first, why do you have to kneel down? Tell your aunt why you suddenly want to marry Ah Lan?”

She was satisfied with Zhu Yuanbao because he valued ​​her daughter and the family had simple people. When her daughter was married, she was not making her mother-in-law angry, and she did not have to deal with a lot of things. However, once Xiao Lang was also considered as a candidate for a son-in-law, there was nothing more suitable than him. Xiao Lang doted on her daughter as much as they did. If two families lived next door, she could help look after her silly daughter nearby. Although her daughter married into the Zhu family and had her uncles and aunts take care of her, she was more reassuring than seeing it with her own eyes!

In just a short time, Qin-shi rejected the Zhu family. The two children were all good, and Xiao Lang was the one who grew up with her watching. She only regarded him as a son before, but now that he took the initiative to bring it up, she immediately thought he was the best home for her daughter. Besides, Xiao Lang didn’t mention it early or late, but he just mentioned it when the Zhu family proposed marriage, was this God’s will?

However, the matter of rebuilding the house for the Xiao family must be hurried up. After all, the child had grown up and had the mind of a man to a woman, so it was not suitable to be sweet together every day.

Xiao Lang didn’t get up, he knelt steadily: “Aunt, I grew up with Ah Lan. When I was a child, I treated her as a younger sister. Later, when Sister Wan got married, I learned that Ah Lan would get married too. Thinking of her marrying away made me feel uncomfortable. Unlike when Sister Wan got married, I just wanted her to be happy. So I don’t think I have a brother-sister relationship with Ah Lan. I want to marry her as a wife so that I can take care of her every day. I can earn money to support her. If you worry about me going hunting, I’ll buy land to farm, anyway, I won’t let Ah Lan suffer at all!”

Qin-shi nodded in relief. This child was not simply thinking of marrying a wife, he was also considering his future livelihood. No wonder he just revealed his family background.

Her eyes became more soft. She stood up to help him: “Good, good, aunt knows you won’t treat Ah Lan badly. Get up quickly. We’re all family, so why treat me with this formal courtesy!”

Only then did Xiao Lang look up at her: “Aunt, did you promise me?” There was no surprise in his heart, instead, he was even more nervous. After eating the lazy girl, he thought it was no problem, anyway, the lazy girl would marry him sooner or later. As long as the matter didn’t spread out, others would not know about it, and it would have no effect on the lazy girl’s reputation. He was just worried about the attitude of Qin-shi’s couple.

Qin-shi patted him on the shoulder. The more she looked at him, the more satisfied she became: “Yes, yes, even if your uncle doesn’t agree, I will. Who makes you grow up with me watching you!” Her eyes were full of love.

Xiao Lang turned his face as if he had been burned, clenched his fists in his sleeves, and then let go. Finally, he hung his head, honestly admitting his mistake: “Aunt, today, today in the mountains, I, I can’t help it and hug Ah Lan. You can hit me and scold me!” He didn’t regret doing that. He just felt sorry for Qin-shi’s trust in him.



Original translation is from willkissonyou, tenderflower. If you're not reading from tenderflower then it'd been stolen and posted without the consent of tenderflower.


<-Back 🦥 Index 🦥 Next->


Comments